You might think you know everything there is to know about house cleaning, but there are so many other statistics and facts that might surprise you.
We will share to you 5 of these.
1. On Average 51% of women do housework daily, compared with only 20% of men.
It’s a long stereotype that the women clean and the men, well, don’t clean. Men are seen as filthy, mess-making people, while women are seen as bordering obsessive-compulsive neat freaks. Women love to live in clean places, and men are comfortable wherever they can fart freely. The average time spent on household activities by women is 2.6 hours per day, and men spend 2 hours per day.
2. 47% of cohabiting couples argue about cleaning
The only thing I’m surprised with this statistic is that it’s not higher. Of course people argue about this topic. I mean who loves cleaning? It’s always a chore. We argue about everything like who should clean, how often, how to clean, and others.
3. Green cleaning companies use environmentally-friendly ingredients and chemicals to preserve human health and environmental quality
The percentage of cleaning companies that offer green cleaning services in the West Coast of America is 50%, while in the East Coast, it’s at 40%.
4. The average person spends 87% of their time indoors.
That’s why it’s absolutely imperative to keep indoor air quality at its most pristine condition. One of the greatest benefits of green cleaning is improved indoor air quality.
5. More than 184,000 tons of household cleaning products are poured down the drain each year in America.