Housecleaning can prove to be a frustrating job, especially when the dirt doesn’t come off easily. Here are several tricks you can use.
- Disinfect your sponges by popping them into the microwave for 2 minutes. This will zap all the germs away, leaving your sponges fresh and sanitized.
- Get rid of the sticky grime around the handles of your kitchen cabinets! Make a paste with two parts baking soda and one part olive oil. Scrub away at the gunk with a toothbrush and the homemade paste and see the change immediately.
- Do you notice some build-up under your flat-iron? Clean it with salt. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt on your ironing board, set your iron to the highest temperature but turn off the steam option and then, iron over the salt. The dirt will stick to the salt and your iron will look shiny and new.
- To clean the oil build-up on your stove burners, place the burners inside a Ziploc bag with 1/4 cup ammonia and seal it up! Leave it overnight. They will transform into completely clean stove burners as if by magic.
- To remove hard water stains from faucets, rub a half-cut lemon on them!
- Do you have scratched wood furniture? Remedy the scratches in no time by rubbing them with a mixture of olive oil and vinegar in equal parts.
7. Make your grill non-stick (and lessen your cleaning load) by cutting an onion into half and rubbing the cut side on the grill.
8. Remove the rust marks on your knives by allowing the knives to sit in lemon juice until the rust disappears.
9.Clean your shower heads by soaking them in white distilled vinegar for an hour. Wipe them with clean cloth afterwards.
10. Do you know that toothbrushes can harbor hundreds of thousands of bacteria after each use? Clean your toothbrushes naturally by soaking them in a glass of white vinegar and letting it sit for 15-30 minutes.
11. Save yourself from a messy time doing your own hand washing, go to a 免洗劑洗衣.